Let's analyze a few events.
1. During a visit to Kyiv (September 8), US Secretary of State Blinken brought Zelensky a message from Biden, which refers to the need to start negotiations with Putin.
2. In his speech at the YES forum, Zelensky spoke about a possible reduction in assistance to Ukraine (both military and financial).
3. The Armed Forces of Ukraine practically liberated the Kharkiv region, and the Russian troops were redeployed to the Donetsk region.
4. Minister Lavrov said that Russia did not refuse negotiations with Kyiv, and delaying the negotiations would only complicate their process.
5. Macron and Putin spoke on the phone. The main topic was the Zaporozhye NPP, that is, Ukraine.
Draw your own conclusions from these events.
Of course, I cited only those events that can be double-checked. In my opinion, they all indicate that the parties to the conflict in Ukraine have come to some kind of agreement. Truce? World? Why not? Neither Russia nor Ukraine needs this war. Time does not play either on the interests of Ukraine or on the interests of Russia.
And one more thing: the establishment of peace is the task of politicians. And we will be reconciled, ordinary people. It will take a long time, it will be hard to reconcile. But the sooner we start, the better.
This entry is also available in
|About the Author:|
| VASILY VAKAROV|
All publications of the author »»